Monday 27 August 2012

New ideas for level 1-2 classes


Sunday, 26 August: Great level 1-2 class in the Yoga Room with Eithne (who also told me of a space in town I can rent as my apartment is beginning to feel a bit crowded with the advent of our new desk and bookshelves!). Lots of great ideas for my newbies, of course I should have written the class plan down as soon as I got home, but here is a reasonable stab at it:

·         Start in sukhasana – arm stretches and twists
·         Come to all fours
·         Adho Mukha Svanasana
·         Walk to Uttanasana
·         Tadasana – focus on alignment, arm stretches
·         SNA variation: high lunge – cobra – AMS – low lunge
·         SNA variation: high lunge arms extended horizontally and into a twist.
·         Bent knee Vira III
·         Vrkasana – held for a while
·         Come to lying down – Septu Bandha Sarvangasana and Urdhva Dhanurasana.
·         Dandasana
·         Paschimottanasana – using foam block, uddiyana bandha engaged to lengthen lower back (excellent!)
·         Sukhasana twist
·         Siaasana

No comments:

Post a Comment