Sunday, 26 August: Great level 1-2 class in the Yoga Room with Eithne (who also told me of a space in town I can rent as my apartment is beginning to feel a bit crowded with the advent of our new desk and bookshelves!). Lots of great ideas for my newbies, of course I should have written the class plan down as soon as I got home, but here is a reasonable stab at it:
· Start in sukhasana – arm stretches and twists
· Come to all fours
· Adho Mukha Svanasana
· Walk to Uttanasana
· Tadasana – focus on alignment, arm stretches
· SNA variation: high lunge – cobra – AMS – low lunge
· SNA variation: high lunge arms extended horizontally and into a twist.
· Bent knee Vira III
· Vrkasana – held for a while
· Come to lying down – Septu Bandha Sarvangasana and Urdhva Dhanurasana.
· Paschimottanasana – using foam block, uddiyana bandha engaged to lengthen lower back (excellent!)
· Sukhasana twist