Tuesday 14 August 2012


Week 21
First of all I can’t believe it’s been 21 weeks!  Now that I’ve recovered from module 3 and my brief hatred of my yoga mat, it’s time to make some resolutions before the final module and exams.
1.       Read more consistently and attentively, especially the stuff I don’t like.
2.       Practise the module quizzes.
3.       Learn off the important muscles and exercises to strengthen them.
4.       Do a headstand without the wall and get into Pincha Mayurasana and Adho Mukha Vrksasana without support.
5.       Buy a new mat – one without biro and highlighter stains. This may be my reward for finishing the course!
Monday, 13 August: First class back.  Would have been a lovely practice if I hadn’t pulled my triceps, hamstrings and groin having an argument with a horse on Saturday.  Vira II was agony!  But a lovely sequence and worth taking down some notes:
Started with pranayama
Came to lying on backs to stretch lengthways and towards the ceiling.  Loosened out by shaking limbs in the air – aptly described as insect stuck on its back pose.
Rock and rolled from Halasana to Dandasana several time and came to squat. Rolled up to Tadasana.
·         Unusual variations on S.N. repeated 3-4 times:


o   Arms wept out to Uktasana,
o   Uttanasana,
o   step right foot back to high lunge,
o   Chaturanga,
o   Urdhva Mukha Svanasana,
o   Adho Mukha Svanasana,
o   step left foot forward to low lunge,  
o   Step right foot to meet left, Uttanasana
o   Uktasana


·         Vira II sequence:

o   Vira II
o   Revolved Vira II
o   Vira II
o   Trikonasana


·         Balancing sequence


o   Vira I

o   Vira III

o   Pavritta Ardha Chandrasana


·         Balancing sequence II:

o   Vira I

o   Vira III

o   Sweep elevated leg forward and take hold of foot, Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana

o   Extend leg and sweep back to Natarajasana (King of the Dancers pose)



·         3 point Sirsasana (headstand) into a balance that was new to me, with one leg crossed along back of forearms. (some googling later I believe it was Eka Pada Galavasana (Flying Pigeon))  Needless to say it did not look like this when I attempted it, but I was pretty happy to do a passable 3 point Sirsasana:

No comments:

Post a Comment