Tuesday 23 October 2012

The end of one leg and the beginning of another



The last week in this particular leg of my yoga journey.  I’m approaching the final module with a mixture of excitement, relief and nerves – there are exams to pass after all!  Chatting with three fellow trainees after after Tony’s 7pm class, I think we are all experiencing mixed emotions.  A helpful alumnus of the training course offered us some tips and reassurance.  Now I am mostly happy to be spending the upcoming weekend with a lovely group of people with whom I have shared an extraordinary seven months, practising, living and talking yoga.  After five weeks of leave from work, I am also craving the structure and routine.

And then there is Bali … Flights are booked, accommodation sorted and airport transfers arranged.  I’m departing just 8 days after the module finishes.  Again, I feel oddly relaxed about the whole adventure.  I have no idea what I’m getting myself into, but it just feels right.  Asia, sunshine and a more yoga lifestyle has been calling for some time.  After months of emotional strain: an unsettling (but fortunately groundless) health scare, a minor car accident, losing my home, enforced time off work and, worst of all, losing my closest, dearest friend an ashram seems the perfect place to heal and think about how I can repair and rebuild. 

The aforementioned enforced time off work has given me a lot more time to study yoga.  Although yoga is already a significant part of my life, I still have a lot to learn about how to integrate yoga principles into how I approach and live my life.  I am dedicating this time in Bali to learning balance and rediscovering joy.     

No comments:

Post a Comment