Tuesday 24 July 2012

Day 8 of sharon-flu' and sadly out of practice 2 weeks before my next training module, but this has cheered me up:

8 Dirty Little Confessions of a Yoga Teacher

Just when you thought you knew what I was thinking during yoga class :)

1. That mini page of “notes” at the front of my mat? Actually, it’s my grocery list. Oops - must have been a long day! And that vinyasa we just powered through? Invented on the spot.

2. I’m going home to eat a half-pint of Ben & Jerry’s after class… and not even that froyo healthy version. We’re talking Double Fudge Brownie goodness!

3. Even for me, savasana can be a challenge. Unfortunately, that 200-hour teacher training doesn’t provide an “off” button for a highly-active monkey mind.

4. Sometimes, I step out of a pose to “make adjustments” because my legs are burnin’ in that Warrior II we’re holding! I’m cruel, I know...

5. Contrary to the popular belief that all (or at least, most) yoga instructors are vegans or vegetarians, I happen to feel that burgers, red wine, carbs (especially the sourdough variety) and rich cheeses are sensational.

6. When I practice at home by myself, I’m all about the restorative, easy going, OMG-that-feels-amazing style of yoga. In other words, you won’t catch me sitting in Chair or holding any crazy arm balances for longer than a breath or two.

7. The more laughs, heavy sighs, and deep exhales I hear in class, the better I feel. When you’re working, relaxing and having fun, I’m a happy little yogi.

8. Never, not even once, have I ever taught a class and wished I could be doing something else. We say it about pizza and sex, but in this case, even a “bad” yoga class is still pretty awesome in my book. If I’m totally honest with you, I practice to feed my teaching, but I teach to feed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment