Monday 16 July 2012


Tuesday, 10 July: Started off with Sadie Nardini’s core work.  Excellent warm up, really like her practices. 

Wednesday, 11 July: 2 for class today.  Started with the Sadie Nardini core work then moved into a few Surya Namaskar A.s with variations (lunges / vira I) and some seated exercises.  Spent some time focusing on Adho Mukha Svanasana positioning. Students were beginning to look a bit puffed so finished with a restorative of legs up against – well - the balcony door and sivasana.

Saturday, 14 July: Practised for an hour at home, starting with some surya namaskars and moving into a vira II, trikonasana, Ardha chandrasana sequence that I like. Then decided to do something I don't like:padagustasana.  Using the strap for my yoga mat made it possible to do a reasonable straight leg version, but reading Donna Farhi on seated postures this evening I realise that my problem may lie in the relationship between femur and pelvis as I bend/ raise my leg.  Apparently the femur should descend and can be encouraged down by placing a thumb in the crease of the hip. Going to practise during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment