· Tuesday 30 mins self practice. Try to bring attention to my practice
· Wednesday read chapt 5&6 of the heart of yoga. Intrigued by the section on pranayama and recognise some of the effects of excessive apana in myself. Holding an inhale or exhale has always been a problem for me. Another symptom of my lack of easiness of which I a trying to be mindful.
· Astanga yoga class run by a friend of a friend in Lj. Not particularly challenging but as the instructor is newly qualified it offered a good opportunity to pick up some dos and donts. Notes:
- trikanasana introduced v early on in the practice ESP given evidently mixed ability of class.
- no modifications offered even though one student was worki g with an injury (bandaged hand from a deep wound with a bread knife)
- good preparatory breathing exercises if a little tedious.
· Thursday: Pilates class to mix things up. Reminds me how tight my hamstrings are these days, note to self to look up strengthening exercises for quads and hamstrings when I get back to Dublin.